[Debian-med-packaging] r-cran-epir_0.9-19-1_i386.changes REJECTED

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Sat Dec 12 08:58:09 UTC 2009

Hi Mark,

as you might remember I intend to package epiR for Debian.  I think I
was able to sort out the first two rejection reasons (text of the
license and generation of the PDF) but it would be great if you
could comment on the binary data files *.DRata.  Is there any source
for these files and what is the license.

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 07:29:48PM +0000, Barry deFreese wrote:
> Hello maintainer,
>
> I am rejecting r-cran-epir for the following reasons:
>
> * Upstream tarball does not include full copy of GPLv2 license and none of the headers explicitly indicate a license.

It is true that the single .R files do not contain the GPL explicitely
but IMHO it is usual for R packages to mention the license in the
DESCRIPTION file only.  If this is no argument to accept the package I
will contact upstream to include the complete license text.

> * doc/epiR.pdf has not corresponding source files to recreate it at build time.

Before I uploaded the package I contacted the author of the package.
The PDF is created automatically by R from the *.R files.  If you
compare the single sections they match to the R files and the content is
generated from the information out of these files.  The cdbs rule which
builds nearly all R packages in Debian does not rebuild the PDF but
I was told that it is a default procedure for each R user.

> * Also the data/*.Rdata files appear to be binary.  I don't know enough about them to make an iformed decision on if those can be built from source or if they are in their native format.

I will check this with upstream who is in CC.

> Barry deFreese
> Debian FTP Assistant

Kind regards and thanks for assisting FTP master