[Debian-med-packaging] r-cran-epir_0.9-19-1_i386.changes REJECTED

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Tue Dec 15 15:05:45 UTC 2009

Le Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 03:19:31PM +0100, 'Andreas Tille' a écrit :
> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 08:39:43AM +1200, Mark Stevenson wrote:
>
> > 2. The *Rdata files. The source of these data sets is described in the help
> > documentation. I can provide these in text format if you wish. What format
> > would you prefer?
>
> Simple ASCII text is always prefered.

Dear Andreas and FTP team,

more than ASCII format, what we need is the preferred form for making
modifications. Binary format by itself is not a problem since there is no loss
of information between both formats. I am not against including a text dump of
the R object, but I would like to make clear that if this becomes a requirement
for R packages to enter in Debian, then many packages from the gnu-r section
are probably RC-buggy…

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy