[Debian-med-packaging] r-cran-epir_0.9-19-1_i386.changes REJECTED

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Tue Dec 15 23:53:12 UTC 2009

Le Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 05:45:38PM +0100, Torsten Werner a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Barry wrote in his REJECT message: "I don't know enough about them to
> make an informed decision on if those can be built from source or if
> they are in their native format."
>
> 'Andreas Tille' schrieb:
>> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 08:39:43AM +1200, Mark Stevenson wrote:
>>> 2. The *Rdata files. The source of these data sets is described in the help
>>> documentation. I can provide these in text format if you wish. What format
>>> would you prefer?
>>
>> Simple ASCII text is always prefered.
>
> Can you give us a summary of the information from the help documentation
> in whatever format you prefer, please?

Hi Torsten,

A couple of days ago, I sent a summary to the FTP team and the WNPP bug, but
forgot to CC the Debian Med packaging team.

According to the documentation (available online at
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/epiR/epiR.pdf), here are the
sources of each three objects:

epi.epidural.RData:

Deeks JJ, Altman DG, Bradburn MJ (2001). Statistical methods for examining heterogeneity and
combining results from several studies in meta-analysis. In: Egger M, Davey Smith G, Altman
D (eds). Systematic Review in Health Care Meta-Analysis in Context. British Medical Journal,
London, pp. 291 - 299.

epi.incin.RData:

Bailey TC and Gatrell AC (1995). Interactive Spatial Data Analysis. Longman Scientific & Tech-
nical. London.

epi.SClib.RData:

This data set has been analysed by a number of authors including Clayton and Kaldor (1987),
Conlon and Louis (1999), Stern and Cressie (1999), and Carlin and Louis (2000, p 270).

Clayton D, Kaldor J (1987). Empirical Bayes estimates of age-standardized relative risks for use in
disease mapping. Biometrics, 43: 671 - 681.
Conlon EM, Louis TA (1999). Addressing multiple goals in evaluating region-specific risk using
Bayesian methods. In: Lawson AB (Editor), Disease Mapping and Risk Assessment for Public
Health. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd , Chichester, pp. 31 - 47.
Stern H, Cressie N (1999). Inference in extremes in disease mapping. In: Lawson AB (Editor),
Disease Mapping and Risk Assessment for Public Health. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd , Chichester, pp.
63 - 84.
Carlin BP, Louis TA (2000). Bayes and Empirical Bayes Methods for Data Analysis - Monographs
on Statistics and Applied Probability 69. Chapman and Hall, London, pp. 270.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,