[Debian-med-packaging] [med-svn] r3916 - trunk/packages/samtools/trunk/debian

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Sep 8 08:17:01 UTC 2009

[Answering on packaging list because this seems to involve more people]

On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 04:55:17PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 02:25:07PM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> > On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 12:05:09PM +0000, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > > New upstream release containing sourceless static libraries for windows. This has to be solved before upload.
> >
> > IMHO the only reasonable solution is rebuilding the source tarball
> > in a get-orig-source target.
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> the answer I got on -project makes me very tempted to start to use git in Debian Med.
>
> What is your feeling about this?

I personally regard git as a very reasonable tool and probably a good
alternative to use in Debian Med.  My *very* *personal* problem is that
I do not see that it increased my productivity (rather the contrary
because I have to spend time into learning) because I currently see no
constraints for my work in using SVN.

But at some point in time you have to adopt to new tools and I'm willing
to learn if we find a smooth migration process.  I personally will *not*
become active in this but I would welcome if some people perhaps start
enhancing our policy / packaging documents and give clear advises what
to do.

Klarmachen zum Ändern!