[Debian-med-packaging] cloud image preparation - kind of there

Steffen Moeller steffen_moeller at gmx.de
Sat Aug 7 21:16:25 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am finalising our cloud image these days. The 2GB are somewhat tight,
but I think something usable is getting out of it. Dominique visited me
last week and we prepared a public Wiki page from his internal wiki page
for the preparation of a cloud image. I love it:

    http://wiki.debian.org/Cloud/CreateImage

What I don't love so much yet is the instruction to prepare the Debian
Med LiveCD from this, which I placed at

    http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/LiveCD

under

    Protocol for Clouds

Somehow our Wiki seems somewhat broken these days, not allowing much
loggin in. So the effort stalls for some more days.

What came to mind was that a "med-bio-headless" would be real great to
have, in analogy to the default-jre-headless, i.e. allowing/supporting
no graphics. I could prepare that, but would like to have your OK for
it, first. Also, I thought you'd possibly like to take that as a concept
for the blends at large and discuss it there, too.

Feedback for the above pages is welcome.... and on the -headless thingy.

Cheers,

Steffen