[Debian-med-packaging] Not uploading embassy-dominatrix even if it fixes serios bug?

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Mon Aug 9 22:43:10 UTC 2010

Le Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 05:30:19PM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I had a look at packages with serios bugs and stumbled upon a changelog entry:
>
> embassy-domainatrix (0.1.0+20100721-1) UNRELEASED; urgency=low
>
>   * New upstream release in which the version number was unchanged.
>   * Build-Depends on emboss 6.3.1 (debian/control, debian/rules,
>     closes: #591130).
>   * Incremented Standards-Version to reflect conformance with Policy 3.9.1
>     (debian/control, no changes needed).
>
>  -- Charles Plessy <plessy at debian.org>  Mon, 02 Aug 2010 13:32:54 +0900
>
> Any reason not to upload???

Hi Andreas,

the version as comitted in SVN does not build from source in a clean chroot. I
have local fixes in my work computer, but for some reason that I wanted to
explain in a RFH today, it build-depends on MySQL and PostgreSQL, which I
suspect is avoidable. I would like to address this before uploading.

More information in a RFH to be sent soon…

Have a nice day,