[Debian-med-packaging] packages with explicit dependency on python2.5?

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Feb 2 07:27:59 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 03:16:14AM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
>> Somewhen in the past there was some bug report strongly suggesting the
>> explicit notion of 2.5.

Any link to this report?  "Somewhen in the past" sounds not very specific.
(At "the same time" Python 2.6 was released. ;-))

>> Wen can look at it again for the next upstream
>> release. Is there any particular motivation (biological ones preferred)
>> for you to ask?
>
> yes, investigating the removal of python2.5 form unstable after the
> transition to 2.6. these packages are some of the few ones explicitely
> needing 2.5.

I wonder whether using unversioned python-dev and trying to fix possibly
occuring bugs might be a reasonable strategy.  As far as I know there are
not much compatibility problems between Python 2.5 and 2.6.