[Debian-med-packaging] imagej fails to run

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Sun Feb 21 03:22:21 UTC 2010

Le Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 06:16:19PM -0800, Bob McGowan a écrit :
> Due to not properly generating a JAVA_HOME when the variable is not
> defined in the user's environment.
>
> I happen to be running Kubuntu, so if I should be sending this to
> someone else, let me know who.
>
> The error, when running 'imagej', unmodified, on the command line, is:
>
>     Open other images in this ImageJ panel as follows:
>       imagej -p 1 <image1> [<image2> ... <imageN>]
>
>     cat: /usr/share/imagej/jni/*: No such file or directory
>     /usr/bin/imagej: line 418: //bin/java: No such file or directory

Dear Bob,

I just tried on my computer and did not reproduce the problem. But there are so
many variants of Java around, maybe the problem comes from that we are not
using the same combination of packages?

Do not hesitate to report your problem using the command-line tool ‘reporbug’. It
will conveniently append a list of packages installed on your system, on which
imagej depends. That will be very helpful.

Since you are using kubuntu, you will need to pass the option --bts=debian,
otherwise your report will go to Launchpad instead. Actually, there seems
to be a similar report in Launchapd already:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/imagej/+bug/471127

Maybe we only have to tighten the dependancies in imagej ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,