[Debian-med-packaging] non-numerical versions impeding update of biojava

Steffen Möller steffen_moeller at gmx.de
Wed Jan 20 09:53:56 UTC 2010

Hello,

I just prepared an update to biojava for its 1.7.1 stable version, which
I had expected to be in some 1.6 state still. I was happy to see 1.7
already community-prepared.

Sadly, the version in the pool is not prepared for a smooth upgrade,
it seems like 1.7~svn would have been a better version name, or
1.7.0.svn.   I am not completely sure about what to do now - upload with
a new epoch? I would not want to wait for BioJava 1.8 :)  I have just
uploaded to learn about what happens, expecting an upcoming rejection.
Or should we have a .svn.2010 version made up?

Greetings

Steffen

 dpkg-genchanges  >../biojava-live_1.7.1-1_amd64.changes
dpkg-genchanges: warning: the current version (1.7.1-1) is smaller than
the previous one (1.7.svn.20090419-3)
dpkg-genchanges: including full source code in upload
dpkg-buildpackage: full upload (original source is included)