[Debian-med-packaging] Status of libajax-dev

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Jan 26 11:50:46 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 08:13:04PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 11:51:33AM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> >
> > I noticed that libajax-dev is quite behind upstream (5.0.0 versus 6.2).
> > It is emboss related and I did not yet dealt with this, so I want to ask
> > for reasons before I might do some action.  Any reasons for this?
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Lenny has libajax5-dev (5.0.0-7), and Squeeze and Sid have libajax6-dev
> (6.1.0-5).

Yep, sorry for the noise.  I just realised this after sending the mail.
I was tricked by the tasks file just mentioning libajax5-dev and I added
libajax6-dev as alternative.  I admit the Blends handling of library
packages in tasks files is suboptimal.  I will address this issue once
the Blends stuff will be rewritten / enhanced.

> I will update them to version 6.2 but I read in the Upstream
> changelog that a new library was introduced, so I am waiting to have a couple
> of hours free in order to be sure to finish after I start (I am not strong
> against attention switches). This may happen next week-end.

Sure.  Take your time and as I said - sorry for the noise