[Debian-med-packaging] r7427 - trunk/packages/velvet/trunk/debian

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Fri Aug 12 07:37:58 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 04:09:45PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> > What about this one?
>
> I think that it is completely up to Tim.  If the copyrights and licenses were
> documented, we would benefit from simplifying the package and use the pristine
> upstream sources.

I think they are not according the mail you sended yesterday in the
thread.  It is lacking those zillions of single Copyright statements.
Do you think that the copyright in the current form in the SVN fits your
expectations?  So my suggestion was:  As long as nobody volunteers to
maintain that complex copyright information we should rather remove
zlib (to be safe) because that does not mean real work (just use the
available code) instead of spending time into code which is definitely
superfluous.

> > Which package and what exactly was the problem (just curious whether my
> > preference for dh might have some drawbacks).
>
> seaview, commit r6980.

Thanks for clarification