[Debian-med-packaging] r9070 - trunk/packages/insighttoolkit/wrapitk/python/trunk/debian

Steve M. Robbins steve at sumost.ca
Thu Dec 22 04:15:52 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 09:44:17AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:

> > -Architecture: any
> > +Architecture: amd64 arm i386 ia64 mips powerpc sparc
>

> For me this implicitely means that kfreebsd* and hurd* might not feature
> sufficient computing power even if running on powerful processors.

I think the kfreebsd should be fine.  I meant to do a wildcard amd64
and i386; I'll fix that.

> I've also always assumed that s390 would be a powerful architecturs.

It surprised me, too, but no: there is a 2GB process memory limit and
the wrappers have never successfully built on s390.

> My guess is that there were some FTBFS errors on certain architectures
> and I'd regard it more logical to provide a negative list of
> architectures that failed rather than a positive list which is OK but
> might exclude some archs for no real reason.

Perhaps.  However, I don't know how to write a negative list and the
Debian Policy manual didn't illuminate me.

-Steve