[Debian-med-packaging] [malex-guest at alioth.debian.org: r5921 - trunk/packages/vienna-rna/trunk/debian]

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Feb 7 15:51:18 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 03:28:32PM +0100, Alex Mestiashvili wrote:
> Does it mean that with such a file this package doesn't feet even to
> non-free section ?

No, it does not.  But non-free is bad in several ways.  For you as the
maintainer it might create extra burden for other architectures
(autobuilders do not work out of the box), you can not make other
packages from main Depend/Recommend from this package, etc.  We simply
should avoid this wherever possible (and perhaps chances are not that
bad if we simply try to ask).

> and what are differences between debian-med-packaging and debian-med
> mailing lists ?

On the packaging list (which is the "maintainer" of our packages) we
recieve bug reports about the maintained packages and are discussing
strictly technical questions which might just be boring to general
Debian Med users.  If you maintain a package in the team you should also
subscribe this list to stay informed about problems with your package
(alternatively you can subscribe the package directly in PTS if you
consider this list "to noisy" for you.  But IMHO ist is not too much
trafic here.