[Debian-med-packaging] libbam-dev adding a file?

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Mon Jan 3 17:50:50 UTC 2011

Le Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 05:35:39PM +0100, Matthias Gierth a écrit :

> I try to build a debian package for cufflinks and Tophat. For
> building we need the the bam-libs provided by samtools. In the
> Package libbam-dev  are all necessary .h file except the sam.h file.
>
> Would it be possible to add these file to the libbam-dev -package?

Dear Matthias,

Interstingly, we received a very similar request through Launchpad as well:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samtools/+bug/690997

It will by my pleasure to add the files. But the problem is to decide where.
Cuflinks and Tophat expect them in /usr/include/bam, but Bio::Samtools
expects them in /usr/include. I have asked to the SAMtools developers for
their recommendation.

In the meantime, you can easily retreive the headers with the following command:

apt-get source samtools

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy