[Debian-med-packaging] Bug#609038: ITP: biomaj -- a biological databank update and processing tool
plessy at debian.org
Fri Jan 7 14:18:23 UTC 2011
Le Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 11:22:29AM +0100, Olivier Sallou a écrit :
> my package is ready and uploaded to mentors.
> I removed most of lintian warnings.
here are a couple of quick random superficial comments. My goal is not to
hammer you; do not hesitate to ask questions or help !
- Is it possible to move executable programs out from /etc ?
- NCBI blast is distributed by Debian, you can update the paths to formatdb
and other programs accordingly, and make biomaj depend on blast2
accordingly. We also distribute readseq; you can depend or recommend it
- UTF-8 is the default encoding in Debian; there are some non-UTF-8 characters
in etc/biomaj/db_properties/alu.properties and perhaps other files.
- Debian considers that PDF documents are not free software if their source
are not provided in the same package…
- To find which Debian Java packages already provide some of the jars that are
currently in usr/share/biomaj/lib, you can use the command ‘apt-file’:
$ apt-file search commons-dbcp.jar
- You can annotate the purpose of debian/patches/debian-changes-1.1.0-1
following the guidelines of the Debian Enhancement Proposal number 3
- Most files except debian/rules in the debian directory do not need to be
- The empty files debian/conffiles and debian/fichier can probably be removed.
Debian Med packaging team,
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan
More information about the Debian-med-packaging