[Debian-med-packaging] Status of r-other-mott-happy package [was: r5692 - in trunk/packages/R/r-other-mott-happy/trunk/debian: . source]

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Jan 24 15:38:34 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 12:09:34AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> the beta package actuall calls itself happy.hbrem, so if requested,
> we could package it separately instead.

I have noted this but I think having two versions of a low popcon
package does not really help but might rather add confusion.  For
the moment I decided to drop the ".hbrem" to not keep ftpmaster
busy with this stuff.  IMHO there are two reasonable options:

  1. Wait until a stable release is issued (and call it whatever
     upstream is calling it or keep the old name for simplicity).
  2. Upload the beta and keep the name as long as upstream has
     done a final decision about it.

Am I missing an option which causes not more work than it is worth
(especially for somebody else than us = ftpmaster) for this issue?