[Debian-med-packaging] [med-svn] r5729 - in trunk/packages/meme/trunk/debian: . glam2_manpages patches source

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sat Jan 29 09:53:01 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 09:33:41AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> note however that MEME is not free software, and that it is not accepted to
> have a binary package in the main area of our archive that is built from a
> source package in the non-free area.

I noted this fact and I keep the option to simply update the glam2
package as is and add a hint about this new development.  Regarding meme
I simply used the time for traveling to have a look into the work we
just had in our SVN, bring it a bit onto current status of packaging and
see whether it mit be worth spending more time into it.  While doing so
I noticed that the glam2 part inside meme does unfortunately not
consered the free license (sometimes you see different licenses for
different code inside a project - it would have been great if glam2
would have been GPLed, but ...).  So if my effort turns out to be
fruitful (which is not yet) *and* there might be some more interest in
meme we might start bothering the authors about the license.