[Debian-med-packaging] Comments regarding profnet_1.0.20-1_amd64.changes

Laszlo Kajan lkajan at rostlab.org
Sat Jun 18 07:53:30 UTC 2011

Dear Luca,

thank you for reviewing this package.

Well, we have been debating what to do with my mentor, Steffen about this, whether to prepare all the packages first and upload them all, or
begin with this and proceed with the others that are recommended by this later. Steffen said to proceed with this and add later the others in
order to not overload the ftpmasters with a big wave of packages. So our plan is to proceed now and also upload all those packages that are
recommended here.

If you take a look at this repository: http://rostlab.org/debian/ and this page https://rostlab.org/owiki/index.php/Packages you can find the
packages that are recommended - and the one we have uploaded (profnet). We are essentially in the process of transferring these packages from
our lab repository to Debian Med but we wanted to begin with profnet.

Please tell us what we should do?:

* upload all packages together that make up a working software component (say 'protein secondary structure predictor') - or -

* proceed uploading one package at a time but consequently have packages that do not make much sense on their own at times

Thank you in advance for your recommendations.

Best regards,

Laszlo Kajan
Rost Lab