[Debian-med-packaging] Fwd: Comments regarding biomaj_1.1.0-1_amd64.changes

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Wed Mar 30 14:47:29 UTC 2011

Le Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 01:08:50PM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :

>   1. Simply mention the GPL location on Debian systems at the very
>      end - it might not harm to mention it anyway because it was refered
>      to in the text.
>   2. Use a lintian-override
>   3. Use GPL for debian/* files and thus mentioning GPL location is
>      simply correct.

Hi Andreas,

the GPL is quite a complex license, so I am reluctant to add it to a work that
is not using it upstream.  I would suggest the CeCILL license of “same as
Upstream” for the debian directory.  We can add a comment section to mention
the local copy of the GPL, since it is mentionne in the CeCILL license itself
it does not harm.

Apart from this, I have reformatted the file.  The problem was that some of the
fields need to be indented and the empty lines escaped like in Debian control
data files.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy