[Debian-med-packaging] armel and armhf build failures in GNU R related packages

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Apr 8 23:13:52 UTC 2012

On 8 April 2012 at 23:40, peter green wrote:
| A number of GNU R related packages are failing on armel and armhf with
| errors like
|
| gcc -std=gnu99 -shared -o msmSHLIB_EXT analyticp.o hmm.o lik.o pijt.o -llapack -lblas -lgfortran -lm SHLIB_LIBADD -L/usr/lib/R/lib -lR
| gcc: error: SHLIB_LIBADD: No such file or directory
|
| https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=rgl&suite=sid
| https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=r-cran-msm&suite=sid
| https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=r-cran-vegan&suite=sid
| https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=r-cran-maps&suite=sid
| https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=r-bioc-hilbertvis&suite=sid
| https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=r-cran-rms&suite=sid
| https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=r-cran-epi&suite=sid
| https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=rpart&suite=sid
| https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=rmatrix&suite=sid
| https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=r-cran-gam&suite=sid
|

| Any idea what is going on here? (to my untrained eye it looks like it's using the name of a variable where it should
| be using the value but I know nothing about R)

No I don't and among the people I knew upstream (which is a fair number) I
doubt anybody has hacked on an arm/armel system :-/

I could pass it on. The main configure / m4 developer is quite knowledgeable
and responsive but without a reference system ... this gets quite tedious
quite quickly.

Dirk

--
R/Finance 2012 Conference on May 11 and 12, 2012 at UIC in Chicago, IL
See agenda, registration details and more at http://www.RinFinance.com