[Debian-med-packaging] Comments regarding r-bioc-qvalue_1.30.0-1_amd64.changes

Charles Plessy charles-listes-med-packaging at plessy.org
Fri Apr 27 09:29:35 UTC 2012

Le Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 09:58:44AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 04:32:57PM +0000, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > where does LGPL-3+ in d/copyright come from?  The only reference to any license
> > I could see is
> >
> >   License: LGPL
> >
> > in DESCRIPTION.
>
> I did a s/LGPL-3+/LGPL/ in d/copyright and reuploaded.
>
> > (A proper license statement in the upstream source would be
> > nice too.)
>
> ACK.  Unfortunately this might be the case for > 50% of all upstream
> software and I barely see a chance to convince any upstream.

Hi Andreas,

in the case of this Bioconductor package, perhaps you can remind the following
guidelines to the authors :)

  The "License:" field in the DESCRIPTION file should preferably refer to a
  standard license (see opensource.org or wikipedia) using one of R's standard
  specifications. Be specific about any version that applies (e.g., GPL-2).

http://www.bioconductor.org/developers/package-guidelines/#license

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy