[Debian-med-packaging] r11969 - in trunk/packages/treeviewx/trunk/debian: . patches source

Tim Booth avarus at fastmail.fm
Thu Aug 2 14:51:28 UTC 2012

Hi Andreas,

Thanks.  The Ubuntu world will appreciate it!

I've done a little more digging.  I tried installing the package from
Debian Wheezy straight onto Ubuntu 12.04 (amd64).  It loads the tree
without crashing but if you try to resize the window the tree doesn't
update properly (this was a second thing addressed by the patch I
added).

I get the same crash with Ubuntu treeviewx builds from 10.04 and 12.04
so I guess there must be some fundamental thing that is different in
Ubuntu to make this blow up, but I don't understand what it might be.
I'd been assuming this was some WX oddity.

I'm not a C++ programmer but I can't believe that the use of size_t(buf)
was ever right in this file.  A little test case...

tbooth at balisaur[tings]uname -a
Linux balisaur 3.2.0-27-generic #43-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 6 14:25:57 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

tbooth at balisaur[tings]cat buf.cc
#include <iostream>

int main(void)
{
    wchar_t wbuf[256];

    std::cout << "size_t(wbuf) is " << size_t(wbuf) << ".\n";
    std::cout << "sizeof(wbuf) is " << sizeof(wbuf) << ".\n";

    return 0;
}

tbooth at balisaur[tings]g++ buf.cc -o buf ; ./buf
size_t(wbuf) is 140735454291184.
sizeof(wbuf) is 1024.

Erm???

TIM

--
If you can't find an apposite quote for your sig, just make one up.
     - Anon