[Debian-med-packaging] hmmer2_2.3.2-6_amd64.changes REJECTED

Laszlo Kajan lkajan at rostlab.org
Tue Aug 7 12:05:34 UTC 2012

Hello Andreas and team!

So ok, both hmmer2 and hmmer (3.0, in main) have this problem. Apparently this slipped through before, but not now.

There are sources for Userguide.pdf in [1].

My understanding of the policy [2] is that in case the source package contains Userguide.pdf without sources, the source pack can not be in
main. Is this correct?

I am going to email [3] and ask for the inclusion of the Userguide.pdf source in the tarball they distribute.

But for now, what should I do?:

* Repack the source of hmmer and hmmer2 without Userguide.pdf?

Best regards,

Laszlo

[1] https://svn.janelia.org/eddylab/eddys/src/hmmer
[2] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-archive.html