[Debian-med-packaging] CIFPARSE-OBJ lacks scripts for building docs

Laszlo Kajan lkajan at rostlab.org
Thu Aug 9 11:32:32 UTC 2012

Dear Vladimir!

Thank you very much for getting back to me, and for addressing the issue with the docs.

I would like to package CIFPARSE-OBJ and Core Wrapper for Debian - and then use them of course. I have already started looking into the software
and have some patches for compilation and shell issues. These patches get it compile and work nicely on Debian 'unstable'. Please let me ask:

* Do you endorse the packaging of this software for Debian? The license satisfies the Debian 'open source' requirement as far as I can tell,
therefore these programs would be great additions to Debian, and all other Debian-related (Ubuntu, Mint) distributions.

* The Core Wrapper bundle contains a copy of CIFPARSE-OBJ, am I right?

* I would need a shared version of CIFPARSE-OBJ, and I would like to link Core Wrapper to that. Do you plan to release such?

* Once I have a set of patches, I am going to send them to you. I hope you do not mind. This - sending patches we create for packaging - is part
of the Debian policy.

Best regards,
Laszlo Kajan