[Debian-med-packaging] zalign [Was: r12136 - in trunk/packages: . zalign zalign/trunk zalign/trunk/debian zalign/trunk/debian/source]

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Aug 27 14:33:06 UTC 2012

Hi Steffen,

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 04:19:57PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> On 08/27/2012 03:53 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > +Maintainer: Steffen Moeller <moeller at debian.org>
> >
> > There is a (hopefully) nice template at
> >
> >   svn://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/package_template/control
> >
> > containing the team maintenance adresses mentioned in our policy
> >
> > +#Vcs-Svn: git://git.debian.org/collab-maint/zalign.git
> > +#Vcs-Browser: http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/zalign.git;a=summary
> >
> > ... and also this could be easily cut-n-pasted from this template.
> While thanking you for the pointer, I prefer someone else adding the
> team maintenance address. It just do not want to impose work on
> others, be it in our policy or not.

I fail to see in how far using the mailing list as Maintainer is
imposing work on anybody who does not volunteer to add himself as
Uploader.  Could you please be more verbose about this?

We just had a case (ball) where an RC bug droped from our radar which
could be easily preventet if everybody who commits to our VCS would
follow policy (and for this purpose it was written there).

> I have continued with the minimal packaging, because you put this effort
> in your email, but was truly not aiming at more some basic functionality
> on a single machine over here as a start.

If you file an ITP bug this is a sure sign that you are somehow honest
about your intent - so please put it in package maintenance to enable
(not impose ... we are volunteers, right) others touching the package if
needed.