[Debian-med-packaging] sift and blimps license interpretation - can Debian redistribute these?

Paul Wise pabs at debian.org
Mon Feb 20 01:45:27 UTC 2012

The ftp.ncbi.nih.gov site seems to be down.

Many parts of the license imply distribution is allowed but I cannot
find any explicit distribution grant.

Personally I would not bother trying to do anything other than getting
upstream to switch to a known free software licence like the GNU GPL.

Getting a policy and culture of usage of using standard free software
licenses adopted by the NCBI/NIH/etc would also be a useful thing to
work on.

--
bye,
pabs