[Debian-med-packaging] Please upload NEW hhsuite

Laszlo Kajan lkajan at rostlab.org
Thu Feb 23 12:23:21 UTC 2012

Hello Andreas!

But it does seem to work just like that!

I've build the pack and read dh_installchangelogs and the ffindex binary packages DID the right (0.9.2-1) version (the hhsuite ones are still
2.0.12-1)!

So it does seem to work to me. Did you actually try to build the latest version?

>> ** Andreas I think I made a mistake! **
>> In the upload ffindex has the same version number (uses the same changelog) as hhsuite - that's wrong. It has its own version
>> (lib/ffindex/VERSION: 0.9.2)! I think I've corrected this now but I am not sure it did it correctly: I gave ffindex (and libffindex) its own
>> debian/*.changelog files.
>
> Nice try but it will not work this way. :-)
> For getting a working example you might either
>
>    apt-get source ncbi-tools6
> or
>    git clone git+ssh://tille@git.debian.org/git/debian-med/ncbi-tools6.git
>
> The debian/changelog file is related to the source package and not to
> the resulting binaries - so you have only one such file and only ones
> such version.

That yes, but debian/<package>.changelog is for the respective binary pack, man dh_installchangelogs.

> We can ask ftpmaster to reject the package (I don't really know whether
> there is some kind of formalism for this - I guess a simple mail would
> be sufficient).
>
> And we can always use (hmmm, I always tend to forget the terminus
> technicus for this - you will find this in relevant Debian documentation
> which I currently do not have time to check) a prefix in front of
> the version number separated by ':' like this:
>
>     1:0.9.2 > 2.0.12

Yes, to use an 'epoch'. I've read about this. But I would like to avoid this if now I would still be able to make this version rejected. I am
going to email the ftp masters.

Thanks for the symlink idea, I am going to do exactly that.

Best,

Laszlo