[Debian-med-packaging] r11665 - trunk/packages/genometools/trunk/debian

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Jul 10 17:55:07 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 07:04:52PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
> > However, I cannot estimate how much of a problem that would even be,
> > since we also provide statically linked binaries for them, requiring no
> > separate libgenometools installation. Maybe no one will ever notice...
> Since you have everything in one binary, it does not matter too much.

What do you mean?  I see libgenometools0-dev and libgenometools0 - and
when thinking about this, most probably it should be libgenometools-dev
(without the version number).  But there are clearly two binaries.

> >> correct or some false positives.
> > What hardening issues?
> http://wiki.debian.org/Hardening/
> > Do I need additional lintian parameters to see
> > them and I missed something?
> My version of lintian here is 2.5.8 . Since you check your pbuilder
> build on 12.04, this may be slightly differerent.

You should *always* use lintian from unstable.  The easiest approach
to do so is droping a file /etc/apt/preferences.d/01-lintian.pref with
the content:

Package: lintian
Pin: release a=unstable
Pin-Priority: 605

(or something like this - assummed this would fox your other
preferences)

> Try passing
>  --display-experimental to your lintian installation. Or install lintian
> from a later version of Ubuntu, I suggest.

My hint is for sure not for Ubuntu but rather for Debian even if I do
not see any reason why this approach should not work under Ubuntu as
well if you insert unstable into your sources list and care via
/etc/apt/preferences that packages from there will not be considered.

> > Kind regards and thanks for your time helping a newcomer out :)
> Time well invested from my perception!

Yep