[Debian-med-packaging] r11665 - trunk/packages/genometools/trunk/debian

Sascha Steinbiss steinbiss at zbh.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Jul 11 12:50:53 UTC 2012

Hi Andreas,

>> My version of lintian here is 2.5.8 . Since you check your pbuilder
>> build on 12.04, this may be slightly differerent.
>
> You should *always* use lintian from unstable.  The easiest approach
> to do so is droping a file /etc/apt/preferences.d/01-lintian.pref with
> the content:
>
> Package: lintian
> Pin: release a=unstable
> Pin-Priority: 605
>
> (or something like this - assummed this would fox your other
> preferences)

Okay, good to know -- I will from now on keep my lintian up-to-date.

>> Try passing
>>  --display-experimental to your lintian installation. Or install lintian
>> from a later version of Ubuntu, I suggest.
>
> My hint is for sure not for Ubuntu but rather for Debian even if I do
> not see any reason why this approach should not work under Ubuntu as
> well if you insert unstable into your sources list and care via
> /etc/apt/preferences that packages from there will not be considered.

For now, I just added the unstable sources and gave them a Pin-priority
of -1 to make sure that I explicitly have to request installing from
there. Works nice for me without interfering with the Ubuntu precise
sources.

Best regards,
Sascha

--