[Debian-med-packaging] svn vs. git and packages already in the Debian Med repo

David Bremner bremner at unb.ca
Wed Jun 13 14:39:12 UTC 2012

Laszlo Kajan <lkajan at rostlab.org> writes:

> * Is it OK to use subversion, then, or does the team encourage new members to use git?

Subversion is finished for the team, no more commits are possible. Some
packages still have Vcs-Svn because they have not been uploaded since
the conversion.

> We (me and Shen) have two new, unreleased Perl modules in the Debian Med svn repo:
>
> * Should we move these to the Perl team repository?

Yes

> * Could the Debian Perl team sponsor these packages (please do)? The
> Maintainer: field in debian/control is "Debian Med Packaging Team"
> right now. If/when you sponsor the packages, please change this to
> "Debian Perl Group <pkg-perl-maintainers at lists.alioth.debian.org>". We
> are going to put future Perl packages into the Perl Team repository,
> of course.

If you want the perl team to sponsor, please import into our repos, and
change the maintainer as you suggest.

There will probably be other changes too, so you will need to get used
to working with our repos.

Welcome!

David