[Debian-med-packaging] would like some help getting started

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 15 12:55:37 UTC 2012

Well the source code of the GTM code for the XAPI is here
https://github.com/fosm/xapi it is from 80n and licenced under the AGPL. I
am learning the code and trying to help maintain it.

I am interested in packaging that as a debian package once we have the GTM
as a basis.

About the fork, well I dont want to go into to much detail, but lets put it
this way, the fosm project is to maintain the huge amount data that will be
lost after the re licensing and for people who would like to continue
business as usual to continue with the same well understood cc-by-sa
license.

I am interested in the technical aspects, and want to create tools for
dealing with GIS data in a distributed manner. I think that GT.m is a great
tool for doing so and am looking forward to people able to run many
different gtm nodes that work together. Ideally we wont need to have a big
central monolithic servers like what is being done with current railsport
and mapnik solution.

thanks
mike

--