[Debian-med-packaging] Downgrading HilbertVis (Was: r10064 - trunk/packages/R/r-bioc-hilbertvis/trunk/debian)

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Sat Mar 24 06:51:46 UTC 2012

Le Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 07:41:31AM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 03:41:57AM +0000, Charles Plessy wrote:
> >
> > Modified:
> >    trunk/packages/R/r-bioc-hilbertvis/trunk/debian/changelog
> >    trunk/packages/R/r-bioc-hilbertvis/trunk/debian/watch
> > Log:
> > Track stable version.
> >
> > Current development version will become stable with Bioconductor 2.10,
> > expected for April 2012.
>
> Thanks for fixing this (and some other mistakes of mine).  Do you see a
> need to downgrade the package version to the release state?  I think we
> should get a package from stable in Wheezy and I have no idea about BioC
> release cycle.

Hi Andreas,

I think that we can just wait for the BioC update next month, where an even
higher version will be released in the stable branch.  Bioconductor packages
follow an even-odd scheme similar to the Linux kernel a few years ago.

  http://www.bioconductor.org/developers/version-numbering/

Cheers,

--
Charles