[Debian-med-packaging] Source for manual.pdf in QValue [Was: ftpmaster at debian.org: r-bioc-qvalue_1.30.0-1_amd64.changes REJECTED]

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sat May 19 12:53:51 UTC 2012

Hi John,

as you might know we provide QValue as Debian package (currently under
the name r-cran-qvalue but we tried to follow the naming scheme which
includes the R repository where a R package came from and thus we tried
to follow the move to BioConductor by renaming the package
r-bioc-qvalue.  In the process of this move our ftpmaster did rejected
the package because the source for any binary in Debian is required -
this rule is also valid for PDF "binaries".  Would it be possible to you
to include source (probably LaTeX) into the downloadable source tarball?
Otherwise we would need to remove manual.pdf from the package which
would not be in the interest of the users.

----- Forwarded message from Luca Falavigna <ftpmaster at debian.org> -----