[Debian-med-packaging] bowtie2_2.0.2-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Ansgar Burchardt ansgar at debian.org
Mon Nov 19 17:45:36 UTC 2012

Alex Mestiashvili <alex at biotec.tu-dresden.de> writes:
> On 11/19/2012 04:02 PM, Debian FTP Masters wrote:
>>
>> ACL dm: Carlos Borroto <carlos.borroto at gmail.com> is not an uploader for bowtie2=2.0.0-beta7-1
> I've updated the control file [0].
> How should I process now ? Should I increase the debian_revision number
> in order to be able to upload the package ? Or is there a way to
> re-upload the updated package?

You shouldn't use other people's name in the changelog entry if you did
upload the package and not them: "The maintainer name and email address
used in the changelog should be the details of the person uploading this
version."[1]

  [1] <http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-source.html#s-dpkgchangelog>

Once you use your name there the archive should accept the upload if
there are no other problems.

You might also want to read [2] about recent changes to DM upload
permissions.

  [2] <https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2012/09/msg00008.html>

Regards,
Ansgar