[Debian-med-packaging] Packaging GNU Health

Olivier Sallou olivier.sallou at irisa.fr
Fri Nov 30 08:21:28 UTC 2012

Le 11/29/12 10:59 PM, Emilien Klein a écrit :
> Hey Debian Med team,
>
> After numerous fresh reinstalls to make sure the
> installation/configuration instructions in debian/README.Debian are
> correct, I've gotten to the point where the GNU Health package is
> ready for review.
>
> I've used Andreas' files as a starting point, and committed my changes
> to the svn [0]. I've also created the ITP bug [1].
>
> A few points key points (but please do check all my modifications):
> - I've removed the health_qrcodes module from the installation, as I
> wasn't able to get the proper Python package installed, and leaving
> the health_qrcodes module resulted in exceptions when running Tryton.
> Not sure it's packaged for Debian, there are a few Python QR Codes
> modules, but none seemed to provide the qrcode module... Will try to
> investigate more in the coming weeks.
We could try to package it in a second step in this case and update
package once is done.
> - I've explicitly turned of testing (it wasn't running anyway, but
> making it explicit seems better). Reason is that to be able to test,
> you need to have a proper database set up. Not sure how this should be
> handled though.
It is ok to turn off tests with such  requirements (databases, network
access...). Good pratice however is to test locally with the full setup
to be sure everything is fine, then disable tests for package upload.
> - In light of the recent changes [2] I've removed the
> DM-Upload-Allowed tag in debian/control.
> - I've changed the values of files debian/compat and Standards-Version
> in debian/control to what is currently being given when you start a
> new package with dh_make. Not sure why Andreas' values were higher?
Standards Version have some changes not always set immedialtly in dh_make.
dh_make only sets templates to help, all data may not be fully compliant
with current standards.

> As stated in debian/TODO.Debian, the current version of GNU Health
> depends on Tryton 2.4.X. The current version of GNU Health requires
> Tryton 2.4 (exactly) while at the moment Tryton 2.2 is in testing and
> 2.6 in experimental. So this package can not be uploaded directly to
> sid, but as soon as GNU Health 1.8 comes out (planned end of the month
> [3]) updating the package should be relatively straight forward.
> Note: due to this unmet dependency in sid, building the package in a
> chroot (pdebuild) will fail.
Too bad, we will indeed have to wait for compatibility between all
packages....

Thanks for your work

Olivier