[Debian-med-packaging] Bug#687968: Bug#687968: New upstream version
xnox at debian.org
Mon Sep 17 23:14:55 UTC 2012
On 17 September 2012 12:42, Alessandro -oggei- Ogier
<alessandro.ogier at ieo.eu> wrote:
> Package: cufflinks
> Version: 1.3.0-2
> Severity: wishlist
> Tags: patch
> Hi team,
> here at European Institute of Oncology we managed to upgrade
> cufflinks packaging to 2.0.2 version (current stable), starting
> from your good work.
> Here is the changelog:
> * New upstream release
> * Adding libeigen3-dev to Build-Depends
> * Hardened build
> * Fixed autoconf stuff (eigen-related)
> * Parallel compile
> We attach the relevant patch, we would be glad if you could
> consider to adopt and release new version in debian.
Looks good, here is review of the proposed patch:
* All other patches are named something.patch, please follow suite
(minor nitpicking ;-) )
* the patch, ideally should have the template DEP3 tags filled in with
useful comments about the patch, please remove boiler plate (minor,
* parallel build (important, mustfix):
- you should not export DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS, as this is variable for
users & buildd maintainers to export information for the
- you should simply pass --parallel option to the dh or dh_auto_build
(at your choise) and you can pass the maximum # ob jobs to the
--parallel option for safeguarding.
I do recommend not to hard-code limits, if I choose to do -j16 on my
single core machine, I am doing it for stress-testing reasons for
example =) and I don't want to be fooled by your packaging.
* debian/changelog (important, confusing):
- The version number you used is not suitable for target release 'unstable'.
- Unstable is frozen, you should target experimental & use appropriate
- Please use real maintainer name & working email address, e.g.
-- Alessandro -oggei- Ogier <alessandro.ogier at ieo.eu> Mon, 32 Sep
2012 25:31:63 +0200
(read dch about significant environmnet variables, e.g. DEBEMAIL & DEBFULLNAME)
Please fix above and resubmit. You can use mentors.debian.net to
submit debian source package, as it is easier to review. It allows
uploading the upstream source tarball.
I have not yet tried to download a source package nor build it.
More information about the Debian-med-packaging