[Debian-med-packaging] Comments regarding mothur_1.31.2+dfsg-1_amd64.changes

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Tue Aug 6 00:33:29 UTC 2013

Le Sun, Aug 04, 2013 at 04:31:55PM +0000, Paul Richards Tagliamonte a écrit :
> Howdy,
>
> There's a rather creative spelling of algorithm (algorythm) throughout
> the code that would be nice to let upstream know about.
>
> More importantly, can you point to the source for:
>
>     LookUp_GS20.pat
>     LookUp_GSFLX.pat
>     LookUp_Titanium.pat

Hi all,

it looks like ampliconnoise also contains such a file.

    $ apt-file search LookUp.dat
    ampliconnoise: /usr/share/ampliconnoise/Data/LookUp.dat

There is a bit of documentation on the internet, but I could not figure out
quickly how these files are used, how they were generated, and if there
is a potential need for re-generating them.

    http://www.mothur.org/wiki/Lookup_files

    http://userweb.eng.gla.ac.uk/christopher.quince/Software/PyroNoise.html

Cheers,

--