[Debian-med-packaging] Review and sponsoring request: pymia (Python module)

Gert Wollny gw.fossdev at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 11:41:38 UTC 2013

Dear all,

I've prepared the new package 'pymia' to close the ITP #694439. I've
seen that the package python-mia has already been added to the
debian-med:imaging-development task :). There is also the python 3
version  "python3-mia", not sure if this should go somewhere.

Notes:

- Since on powerpc g++ is still at 4.6, I've added a patch that changes
the -std=c++11 flag to c++0x.

- lintian gives me a warning 'newer-standards-version', since I set this
to 3.9.5, but lintian still seems to think that 3.9.4 is the latest.
Apart from that the packages are lintian free.

- This is my first python module I package using the python distutils
method and I have one reservation about multi-arch support: Is a python
*.so module considered a shared library in the sense that I should add
Pre-Depends: ${misc:Pre-Depends}?

Many thanks,
Gert