[Debian-med-packaging] rtax copyright information

Charles Plessy charles-listes-med-packaging at plessy.org
Mon Dec 23 08:32:57 UTC 2013

Le Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 11:50:33PM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> Hmmm, I'm not a copyright expert but as far as I know the authors who
> actually *wrote* the code should be mentioned in any case in the
> copyright statement.  This is not influenced by the fact who payed
> them for their work.

Hi Andreas and everybody,

I think that we should reproduce the copyright statements without trying to
guess if the authors retained the copyright or not, that is:

     Files: *
    -Copyright: © 2011-2013 David A. W. Soergel, Rob Knight, and Steven E. Brenner
    +Copyright: © 2011 Regents of the University of California
     License: BSD

By the way, if I understand well the process, there is no need to ask for a
rejection of the current version if instead one directly uploads an update to
the NEW queue.

Minor nitpick to finish, we can be more precise on the license by using the
short name "BSD-3-clause".

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy