[Debian-med-packaging] rtax copyright information

Charles Plessy charles-listes-med-packaging at plessy.org
Sun Dec 29 10:05:55 UTC 2013

Le Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 03:20:31PM +0100, Thorsten Alteholz a écrit :

> >Note that uscan does not produce the same tarball as the one committed in
> >the pristine-tar branch.  With uscan, some VCS-related files are added.
>
> Yes, one more thing why I am afraid of git ..

Hi Thorsten,

I should have been more verbose:

 - uscan, unrelated with git, downloads a tarball that has some mercurial files
   in it, from https://bitbucket.org/davidsoergel/rtax/get/0.984%20release.tar.gz.

 - The first time rtax was uploaded, the tarball did not contain these files.
   It looks like this tarball was downloaded from http://static.davidsoergel.com/rtax-0.984.tgz.

Here, the pristine-tar branch of Git allowed me to re-create the tarball that was
used for the 0.984-1 upload; it definitely did not cause any problem.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Illkirch-Graffenstaden, France