[Debian-med-packaging] Fwd: Re: [j.johnson at imb.uq.edu.au: Re: Installation of binary tools inside MEME]

James Johnson j.johnson at imb.uq.edu.au
Thu Feb 28 01:09:37 UTC 2013

Hi Tim,

On 28/02/13 11:05, Timothy Bailey wrote:
> David,
>
> I assume the most important thing is that the copyright and "for
> non-profit use only"
> warning is included in the Debian repackaging.  If those are
> preserved, I'm happy.
If you refer to the original email, that's exactly what they were hoping
to avoid. GLAM2 has a more permissive license than the MEME Suite. The
reason they want to keep the 2 packages is so that people can use GLAM2
under the more permissive license... They were hoping to back-port any
improvements to GLAM2 while keeping its original license.

~James