[Debian-med-packaging] r12744 - trunk/packages/gentle/trunk/debian

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Jan 8 10:54:25 UTC 2013

Hi Matthias,

On Mon, Jan 07, 2013 at 11:55:02PM +0100, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> Yep, this was me having problems with my SVN setting - I'm so used to
> use Git that this really is a problem :D

Well, Steffen had no problems to move gentle to Git.  I could also
imagine that it has some advantage to import pristine-tar into Git
because we are shipping a SVN checkout from upstream and no real
release.  So if you prefer Git there is no point in binding yourself to
SVN.  Feel free to ping me if you need assistance with the team
specific things - in case our policy[1] is not verbose enough.

> The Manpage has been moved to extra/ in a previous commit.

Ahhh, I seem to have missed this one.

> If there's
> more than one file added in Debian packaging, I create an extra/
> folder, to keep everything separate.

That's perfectly reasonable style!

> I somehow just forgot to add the
> manpage move to the previous, and then the manpage deletion to a
> separate commit. :P

No problem.

> Just check the package, it still builds (but doesn't clean up the
> build mess, unfortunately :-/)

I'd prefer you ping the list once you are happy with the package and
need further comments.  I currently see better use for my time than
checking intermediate state if I see everything is handled sanely.

> Cheers & thanks for noticing!

Yup.  <evil-grin>WE ARE WATCHING YOU</evil-grin>

Thanks for your work on this

      Andreas.

[1] http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html