[Debian-med-packaging] status of meme Debian packaging

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Sun Jan 13 21:05:24 UTC 2013

Hi Faheem,

thanks for your interest into Debian Med.

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 01:39:24AM +0530, Faheem Mitha wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was looking for a Debian package of meme, and discovered there is
> some packaging at
>
> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-med/trunk/packages/meme/tr
>
> I'm writing to ask - is this packaging ready for use? The current
> version of meme as I write is 4.9.

I have to admit that I'm not sure whether version 4.9 will work with the
packaging.  The last time I checked it was with version 4.8.  I can
confirm that this package has high priority also for BioLinux and I
could imagine that we will try to push it at our next Sprint[1].

If you honestly want to try the packaging I'd recommend checking out
the debian/ dir increase the version number in debian/changelog and
try debuild.  Feel free to report problems with this approach here
and we are also interested in case of success.

Please stay in contact about meme with us

       Andreas.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/Meeting/Kiel2013