[Debian-med-packaging] status of meme Debian packaging

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Jan 14 11:12:42 UTC 2013

Hi Faheem,

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 05:56:44AM +0530, Faheem Mitha wrote:
> >make: *** [binary] Error 2
> >debuild: fatal error at line 1307:
> >couldn't exec fakeroot debian/rules: Bad file descriptor
>
> One odd thing is that the patches are not getting applied when I call
>
> debuild binary

I can not confirm this specific problem - no idea why, sorry.

> Any idea why not? And when I try to apply them manually with
>
> quilt push -a
>
> one of them (at least) fails.

Yes, that's often the case for new upstream releases.  I commited fixed
patches to SVN.  I also commited some enhancements to the packaging.

> I'll investigate further tomorrow.

You might either check-out the updated SVN or for your personal comfort
you can try the build I uploaded TOTALLY UNTESTED to

   http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/meme/

Have fun