[Debian-med-packaging] perl path issue with MEME package?

Faheem Mitha faheem at faheem.info
Wed Jan 16 10:10:06 UTC 2013

On Wed, 16 Jan 2013, Andreas Tille wrote:

> Hi,

> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 02:53:19PM +0530, Faheem Mitha wrote:
>> I'm seeing a problem here.

>> dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/readseq_1-8_i386.deb
>> (--unpack):
>>  trying to overwrite '/usr/share/man/man1/readseq.1.gz', which is
>> also in package meme 4.9.0p2-1
>> configured to not write apport reports
>>                                       Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme ...

>> Looks like the man page needs to be removed as well.

> It is removed (in SVN and in my private packages)?  What package did you
> tried to install?

I built it from the current version of the Debian packaging in svn. Can
you tell me where you removed /usr/share/man/man1/readseq.1.gz from the
meme package? I don't see any mention of it in the Debian packaging.

                                                         Regards, Faheem

faheem at orwell:/usr/local/src/meme/meme-debian$ grep -r readseq *
control:Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}, csh, readseq
copyright:Files: src/readseq src/ureadseq.[ch]
copyright:Remark: The copyright file of Debian's readseq package contains
an
copyright: readseq package.  The binary package rather depends from
readseq.