[Debian-med-packaging] perl path issue with MEME package?

Faheem Mitha faheem at faheem.info
Wed Jan 16 11:14:53 UTC 2013

On Wed, 16 Jan 2013, Andreas Tille wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 03:40:06PM +0530, Faheem Mitha wrote:
>> I built it from the current version of the Debian packaging in svn.
>> Can you tell me where you removed /usr/share/man/man1/readseq.1.gz
>> from the meme package? I don't see any mention of it in the Debian
>> packaging.
>
> The string "readseq" was removed from the MODULES variable in
>
>   http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/meme/trunk/debian/rules?r1=12793&r2=12794
>
> which will prevent the creation of the manpage later in the line
>
>   $(foreach var,$(MODULES), /usr/bin/pod2man debian/tmp/usr/bin/$(var) > debian/tmp-manpages/$(var).1;)

Strange. I see that line, but I regardless see the man page in the debian
package, which I checked is the one I built right now. I checked the
timestamp.

Both the debian package files and the MEME files are under version control
and I make sure everything is clean before I build, so I don't think there
are any stray files causing this problem.

However, I just checked your amd64 Debian binary file, namely
http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/meme/meme_4.9.0p2-1_amd64.deb and
it doesn't contain that man page.

I don't know what to suggest here.
                                                        Regards, Faheem