[Debian-med-packaging] permission of rules in MEME

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Jan 16 20:42:35 UTC 2013

Hi Faheem,

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 09:35:46PM +0530, Faheem Mitha wrote:

> Well, I don't think my opinion matters for a team I'm not on,

You might like to add "currently" to the sentence above - We might catch
you. ;-)

> I don't really use Git. I've used Mercurial since early 2006 and
> like it. I think the choice is between these two; no other option
> has that kind of traction. My impresion is that Mercurial is more
> user friendly and has a better UI. However, Git is very popular with
> Debian, as I expect you know, and seems to be dominant with free
> software users and developers.

The decision is taken for Debian Med team:  Either SVN or Git.  We are
quite liberal what option of these two is taken but I do not think we
should offer additional options.  The question was just for the very
specific case of meme which was started in SVN and so for historical
reasons just sticks there and if there would be a reason to switch to
git (but nothing else) the barrier for this move would be pretty low.

Thanks for your insight anyway