[Debian-med-packaging] Please insist if you do not agree that Debian Med team will highjack your package

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Jul 23 06:49:54 UTC 2013

Hi Roland,

the last update of xmedcon is from 14 Oct 2010.

There is bug #662563 of severity important that is blocking a library
migration unanswered since over one year.

The package is lagging behind three releases behind upstream (in Debian
0.10, there is this bug report about 0.12 and upstream is now even at
0.13).

In a posting[1] you vaguely agreed upon team maintenance but I was not
able to find any other mail of yours past 2007 on Debian Mailing lists.

One year ago I pinged again[2] to ask you about team maintenance.

IMHO we did waited enough for your confirmation and it is now time to
take action in the interest of our users.  So if we do not hear from you
the Debian Med team will highjack your package.  Because you are a DD
you have commit permissions to SVN (or Git in case you might prefer
this) and we will add your ID as Uploaders - so you can easily keep on
working on this package.

As a start I simply injected the current state of packaging to:

Vcs-Browser: http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/xmedcon/trunk/
Vcs-Svn: svn://anonscm.debian.org/debian-med/trunk/packages/xmedcon/trunk/

(Note that this is not fully correct because it ignores your changes
to config.guess and config.sub - but this has to dealt with modern
packaging tools in other ways anyway.)

I have CCed Debian MIA team because xmedcon is your only package and if
you somehow stoped maintaining it it might be that you are generally not
active in Debian any more.  That's no problem but some confirmation
about this would be nice.

Please let us know if you agree that the Debian Med team takes over.  If
we will not hear from you we will assume that you agree and we hope that
you are happy about the fact that your package stays up to date inside
Debian.

Kind regards and thanks for your past work on the package

      Andreas.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2007/11/msg00051.html
[2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2012/07/msg00181.html