[Debian-med-packaging] Please consider relicensing of old version of hep.aida to enable free colt.jar

Tony Johnson tony_johnson at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Nov 8 11:11:28 UTC 2013

Hi, the version of hep.aida packaged with colt is very old, and not 100%
compatible with the current version. I would personally like to see
hep.aida removed from colt, when we use colt we need to make our own
distribution which removes the obsolete version of hep.aida. I am not
sure where the licenses included with colt came from. The current
version of hep.aida is here:

http://aida.freehep.org/

It is unambigously licensed under pure LGPL. hep.aida only specifies the
interface, the java implementation can be found here:

http://java.freehep.org/jaida/

again licensed under pure LGPL. Please let me know if I can help further.

Tony