[Debian-med-packaging] Status of pondus packaging

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Nov 25 21:09:11 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm doing some QA effort to check packages which are not uploaded for a
long time and reupload them with an upgrade to recent packaging
standards.  By doing so I stumbled upon pondus and I'm proposing the
attached diff.

Besides the diff I would like to update I realised that while I'm part
of "Uploaders" when beeing a member of Debian Med maintainers I can not
commit to the VCS where pondus is maintained.  This is a bit confusing
situation.  First of all I think it is common practice that not a single
person is the maintainer but rather a team mailing list.  Single
maintainers should rather be listed as Uploaders.  So consequently this
would mean

Maintainer:s Python Applications Packaging Team <python-apps-team at lists.alioth.debian.org>,
Uploaders: Eike Nicklas <eike at ephys.de>

rather than the other way around.  Moreover adding the Debian Med team
as additional Uploader is not very helpful as long as long as not least
the DDs of the team can commit to VCS.  This could be approached by
setting ACLs as described here:

   https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/FAQ#How_do_I_give_write_permission_outside_my_Alioth_project_.3F

So my suggestion is you might ask for setting ACLs to the team
repository.  As an alternative I'd volunteer to take over the
VCS to Debian Med (either Git or SVN at your preference) where
ACLs are just set.

PS: If you respond on python-apps list please CC me.